The Association of Hawaiian Civic Clubs hosts an annual convention of delegates from each Hawaiian Civic Club in the fourth quarter of each calendar year. The convention location rotates among the five councils.
Most of the convention agenda focuses on the delegates’ debate and deliberation of the proposed resolutions submitted 60 days in advance of the convention. These debates occur in meetings of the Association’s standing and program committees and during the plenary sessions, and the adopted resolutions become position statements and form the advocacy platform of the
In addition to the adoption of resolutions, the delegates approve the budget for the coming calendar year and minutes from the preceding convention, and hear from various keynote speakers who provide insights into the state, well-being, and needs of our community. Huaka‘i, workshops, consultation sessions, networking, ‘aha ‘aina, and kanikapila round out the convention activities. The House of Delegates relies heavily on Robert’s Rules of Order to transact its business over the four-day agenda.
2021 ASSOCIATION OF HAWAIIAN CIVIC CLUB CONVENTION
(Nowemapa 3-7, 2021)
Special rates for the Association of Hawaiian Civic Clubs 2021 Annual Convention are provided:
- at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikīkī Beach Resort
- group rate of $229 + tax per night for up to 2 people
- $50 per person for additional person up to 4 people
- Self-parking at $20 per day (regular at $43), valet parking at $59 per day
- Daily resort fee is optional
- For any other inquiries, please call 1-800-HILTONS
- Click here to book your room or click on button below
2021 DRAFT RESOLUTIONS